Happiness is a key part in everyones life, we all know what makes us happy and recently i've began to realise that i'm in a happy place with my life. Today I thought i'd sit back from the beauty reviews and just appreciate those little things that bring me the smallest amount of happiness.
For me happiness can comes in many different forms, from the people in my life, to the objects that make up what I call 'my little space' i.e my bedroom, and also everything that I have experienced this year so far.
- A neatly made bed - I don't know what it is about clean bed sheets, perfectly puffed up pillows and cute cushions but they just brighten my day.
- Motivational quotes - As someone who lacks a lot of motivation in general, I find that having constant motivational reminders really helps me get through the day, and actually dragging my bum to the gym most days.
- New shoes - There is nothing more satisfying than a new pair of beautiful shoes, especially if they were a bargain.
- Flowers - There is nothing better than a bunch of fresh flowers, especially if someone special has bought them for you.
- Cute text messages - Sounds cheesy, but if i'm having a crappy day and cute text will always cheer me up.
- Candles - Candles motivate me so much, I always get so much work done with a sweet smelling candle burning in the background, and they really warm up my room during the cold autumn/winter nights.
- Freshly painted nails - As I can't wear nail varnish at work, the feeling of painting my nails and having a lovely pastel pop to them just brightens my entire mood.
- Spending time with loved ones - Having people around me who care and want to see me succeed is all I really need.
- Relaxing pamper evenings - I live for these especially when i've had a stressful busy week.
- Experiencing new things - This year has involved a lot of firsts for me, and I can't wait to experience more, and make new memories.
What little things make you happy?