Birchbox June

June 20, 2014

I was really excited about this months Birchbox, as I'd seen a lot of reviews before receiving mine and as some people had been receiving The Beauty Blender and some products from Caudalie I had high hopes, which have unfortunately led to me unsubscribing, but more on that in a minute.
Monthly Subscription (£10 + P&P) - Bircbox

With The World Cup in full swing, this months box titled 'Global Strikers' is Birchbox's take on the products from around the world competing in The World Cup. Bringing us a beauty version of The World Cup, which I really like the idea of and ties in really well with what is going on a the minute.

Kicking things off, see what I did there.. with the Naobay Body Radiance Lotion, which is Birchbox's Spanish pick. Described as a lemon fresh organic body lotion, containing shea, olive and avacado in order to leave the skin feeling really soft. I've recently been getting into my body butters, especially the subtle scented ones so i'm excited to give this a go, seeing as it smells really refreshing. 

Next up we have two products from France, which are kicking everyones butts when it comes to skincare! First up we have the Yves Rocher Sheer Botanic Lipstick. I have a few lipsticks from Yves Rocher, but this is said to contain cherry oil designed to leave the lips 'lusciously soft'. To me this appears quite matte, so i'm intrigued to find out what this is like. The next French pick is the Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre, which is a cult French moisturiser. As i'm really getting into my skincare i'm really eager to give this a go, and i'm in need of a new moisturiser. 

This next product is inpsired from the host country itself, Brazil and this is of course the O.P.I Nail Lacquer Brazil Collection. This collection is said be inspired by Brazils tropical rain forrests and sandy beaches. The shade I got is called 'Bikini Zone', which doesn't look that appealing in the bottle but the swatches i've seen of this are just lovely. 

Lastly they had include a product from England and this is the Silk + Honey Shea Butter Hair Mask. Said to deeply nourish the hair, whilst protecting and softening the hair to improve it's elasticity. I love a good hair mask, and from what i've heard about this brand is that all of their products are natural, so i'm excited about this also. 

As an extra treat, Birchbox have also thrown in a Brazil Flipflop Keyring. Overall I am pleased with this months box, but I just feel the consistency and the quality of the products available across the boxes just doesn't match. Even though I will use all of these products, I would have much preferred to try out, what I would describe as cult products that other subscribers received. 

What did you think of this months box?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.